VISIT THE PONT DU GARD DIFFERENTLY: WALK AND HIKE
To discover all the wealth of the site...
A walking trail, extending over a distance of 3.5 Km, traces the entire remains of the aqueduct. Looped walks, of progressive levels of difficulty, mean that everyone can find a level to suit them.
You will pass along the surprising remains og the Pont Rou with its concretion, passing by the series of arches of Valive and then the Pont du Gard to reach the Combe de la Sartanette. The panoramic viewpoints on each bank will give you a different point of view of the bridge, in the heart of its natural setting. This walk gives you a look at the hidden side of the Pont du Gard and allows you to dive into the mosaic of natural environments, scrubland and olive groves, bordered by dry stone walls, an oak forest, etc.
For hikets, the departmental walking and hiking path, PR, marked out by a yellow line, allows you to reach the Gorges du Gardon or make a loop connecting the plateaus of the garrigue by the forest valleys, passing by the Pont du Gard.
The various hiking circuits
- The aqueduct trail: 3.5 Km walk on the site, along the path of the aqueduct, with views from many panoramic lookouts.
- Memories of the Garrigue: discover all the wealth of the Mediterranean landscape, along a 1.4 Km marked route.
- The walks of the Pont du Gard: walks for all levels / everyone, including mobility impaired persons. Access from the reception buildings on the right and left bank.
- Bike path from Uzès, source of the Eure, to the Pont du Gard Site: follow the path of the aqueduct as closely as possible, by taking secondary roads and paths. The trail is marked by signs.
- Bike path between Remoulins and the right bank of the Pont du Gard site.
And coming soon...
- The Pont du Gard Greenway Project, between Beaucaire and the Pont du Gard Site. A first section has already been completed, and a second section is under construction.
- Local hiking plan: project initiated by the grouping of local authorities of the Pont du Gard. The creation of a 330 Km marked route is planned across the entire territory, which will pass through the Pont du Gard Site.
- There are several objectives:
- improve the range of hiking and outdoor activities,
- enhance the landscapes and heritage,
- better manage the use of natural areas,
- facilitate access to the site
Around the Pont du Gard Site
There are many opportunities for sports activites: kayaking, caving, via ferrata, etc.
Further information form the Remoulins Office of Tourismlus