Practical information: transport, opening hours, useful tips
The Pont du Gard site is open to the public all year round. If you are visiting the aqueduct, any of the cultural spaces, or the Mémoires de Garrigue path, you can use the secure car parks on the left and right banks of the river.
The Pont du Gard site is open all year round
- From 8.30 am to 7 pm in january, february, november and december
- From 8 am to 8 pm in march, april and october
- From 7.30 am till midnight from may to september
Cultural activities and shopping :
- Open from 9am.
- Closing times :
- June and September: 7pm
- July and August: 8pm
- March to May and October: 6pm
- November to February: 5pm
The museum, the children area Ludo and the Cinema are exceptionnaly closed from the 1st december to the 21th december 2013 and from the 6th january to the 2nd march 2014 for repairs. Reduced rates are proposed during this time.
One admission fee for the whole site
Up to five people with a vehicle can access the whole of the Pont du Gard site for only €18 .
This includes: the Pont du Gard itself, the remains of the Roman aqueduct, the acces to the cultural areas (Museum, Cinema, Ludo), the Mémoires de Garrigue outdoor trail, temporary exhibitions, free events, access to 7 km of well-maintained and signed paths, picnic areas and secure car parks.
Other entry fees :
- Visitors on motorbikes : €12
- Visitors on foot / on bicycles : €10 (per personn) or €15 (up to 5 persons)
- Rates for students, the unemployed, the disabled and groups (upon presentation of suitable documents at the reception desk
- Eveneing rate (When cultural areas and shopping are closed) : €10 (up to five people with a vehicle)
Reduced rates are proposed when cultural areas are closed for repairs.
Become a member!
As the Port du Gard is a place you’ll want to visit time and again, we offer an annual membership card for only €23. With this, you can enjoy our many cultural spaces and the multitude of new events that take place here each season.
For only €23, this card allows the holder and the holder’s guests to enjoy unlimited access to the museum, the cinema, the children’s Ludo space, the Mémoires de Garrigue outdoor trail, free events, temporary exhibitions, 7 km of well-maintained and signed paths, picnic areas and a bathing area protected by lifeguards during July and August. Add to this a 20 percent discount on all shows and cultural activities.
Transport: access to the site
The Pont du Gard is located between Remoulins (RN 100) and Vers-Pont du Gard (D 81).
From the A9 motorway, take exit 23 at Remoulins towards Uzès, then follow the signs to the right or left banks. Location: Nîmes is 27 km away, Avignon is 21 km away.
Guarded parking areas, open from 7am to 1am are available, included in the price of 18 euros par vehicle (up to 5 persons). Their capacity is 800 places in the rive gauche, and 600 places in the right bank.
*The parking area is closed to the public between 1am and 7am, a fee of 43 euros will be charged to any vehicle parked in the parking between 01:00 and 07:00 am.
Nîmes and Avignon train stations are served by the TGV. The Paris–Nîmes TGV train, which has been running since June 2001, takes 2 hours 50 minutes.
- Coach parties :A special drop-off area has been set up to welcome coach parties. The admission for groups is €3 per personn, including bus parking, free access to the bridge and free access to the discovery areas.
- Personal vehicles :
For more information concerning opening hours, current events and schedules, please call the appropriate number :
- Public: +33 (0)4 66 37 50 99
- Professionals or groups: +33 (0)4 66 37 50 55
The left bank has a baby changing area, a ticket machine, convenient pay booths, a post box and a cash machine.
Public restrooms are also available on both banks.
Access for visitors with disabilities
The paths, buildings and activities have been adapted to be accessible for people with all types of disabilities.
For your added convenience, wheelchairs are available at the welcome centres (subject to availability).
Find out more about facilities for people with disabilities.