Practical information: transport, opening hours, useful tips
The Pont du Gard site is open to the public all year round. If you are visiting the aqueduct, any of the cultural spaces, or the Mémoires de Garrigue path, you can use the secure car parks on the left and right banks of the river.
The Pont du Gard site is open all year round
- From 9 am to 5 pm in january, february, march, november and december
- From 9 am to 6 pm in april and october
- From 9 am to 8 pm in september
- From 9 am to 9 pm in may and june
- From 9 am to 11.30 pm in july and august
Cultural activities and shopping :
- Open from 9am.
Closing times :
- May and June: 7pm
- July and August: 7.30pm
- April, September and October: 6.30pm
- November to March: 5.30pm
NEW RATES from January 1st, 2018
Entrance fee ticket:
- Discovery Pass (Pont du Gard, Museum, Ciné, the Mémoires de Garrigue path, Exhibition)
Adult rate: 9.50 € / pers (9€ Billetterie en ligne)
Reduced price: 7 € / pers
Free for children under -18 years
- Guided tour at the top level of the Aqueduct : + 6€ (Free under -6 years)
- Evening rates for lighting:
Adult rate: 5 €
Reduced price: 3 €
Free under 18 years
Parking included and strictly reserved for the customers of the site.
Transport: access to the site
The Pont du Gard is located between Remoulins (RN 100) and Vers-Pont du Gard (D 81).
From the A9 motorway, take exit 23 at Remoulins towards Uzès, then follow the signs to the right or left banks. Location: Nîmes is 27 km away, Avignon is 21 km away.
Guarded parking areas, open from 7am to 1am are available, for the customers only. Their capacity is 800 places in the rive gauche, and 600 places in the right bank.
*The parking area is closed to the public between 1am and 7am, a fee of 43 euros will be charged to any vehicle parked in the parking between 01:00 and 07:00 am.
Nîmes and Avignon train stations are served by the TGV. The Paris–Nîmes TGV train, which has been running since June 2001, takes 2 hours 50 minutes.
- Coach parties :A special drop-off area has been set up to welcome coach parties. The admission for groups is €6 per personn, including bus parking, free access to the bridge and free access to the discovery areas.
- Personal vehicles :
For more information concerning opening hours, current events and schedules, please call the appropriate number :
- Public: +33 (0)4 66 37 50 99
- Professionals or groups: +33 (0)4 66 37 50 55
Access for visitors with disabilities
The paths, buildings and activities have been adapted to be accessible for people with all types of disabilities.
For your added convenience, wheelchairs are available at the welcome centres (subject to availability).
Find out more about facilities for people with disabilities.
The left bank has a baby changing area and a post box.
Public restrooms are also available on both banks.
Animals are allowed on the site of the Pont du Gard subject to being kept on a lead. However, they are not allowed in the discovery areas (Museum, Cine, Ludo and 3rd level of the Aqueduct) and guided tour.